Alexandria Chamber Duffers Delight winners crowned
The Alexandria Lakes Area Chamber of Commerce held its 29th Duffers Delight Golf Tournament on Monday, June 7th at Alexandria Golf Club. More than 200 people gathered for a day of fun, networking and golf, including 36 golf teams and 42 sponsors. The event is the main fundraiser for the Chamber, supporting its mission to promote the Alexandria Lakes Area as the ultimate destination to live, work, play and prosper. The event’s Title Sponsor is Innovative Builders, Inc.
The tournament featured sponsors at nearly every tee and green and three hole-in-one opportunities including a $5,000 cash prize sponsored by Alomere Health, $10,000 cash prize sponsored by Glenwood State Bank and $25,000 toward a vehicle sponsored by Alexandria Motors, Diamond Buick GMC and Juettner Motors. Unfortunately, there were no hole-in-one winners this year. Other major sponsors include: H Boyd Nelson, Inc., Massman, LLC and Winning Edge Graphics, Inc.
This year’s tournament winners include the following:
- Champion and Skins Winner: Bell Bank. Team members: Robb Buttweiler, Buttweilers Do All, Inc.; Jeff Patience, Bell Bank; Derek Swedberg, Swedberg Wood Products; and Eddie Reif, Alomere Health.
- 2nd Place: Party of Fore. Team members: Michelle Nessman, Elite; Tyler Golberg, CYBERsprout; Matt Good, Prime Attachments; and Ashton Hagen, Bloom Marketing.
- 3rd Place: Ellingson Plumbing, Heating, A/C & Electrical. Team members: Ryan Hjelle, Ellingsons; Shane Johnston, Ellingsons; Wade Nibbe, Alexandria Public Schools; and Bob Teclaw, SunOpta.
- Putting Contest winners: 1st – Rick Johnson, Brophy Bay Gas Mart; 2nd – Dalen Gosseling, Hanson Communications; 3rd – Jeff Roquette, Prime Attachments.
- Red Ball Game Winner: Birds of a Feather. Stacey Doege, Finances Made Simple; Robin Doege, Stearns Electric Association; Barb Lind, Lind Family Funeral & Cremation Service; and Curt Lind, Lind Family Funeral & Cremation Service.
NOTE: Photo attached of the Champion Team. Cutline: The 2021 Duffers Delight Golf Tournament Champion team is Bell Bank. Team members include (left to right) Robb Buttweiler, Buttweilers Do All, Inc., Jeff Patience, Bell Bank; Derek Swedberg, Swedberg Wood Products, Inc.; Eddie Reif, Alomere Health.
For more information on Chamber events, visit www.alexandriamn.org/eventsandprograms.