Local News

Garage Fire in Kensington

Untitled Design 14 320x180 1
According to the Douglas County Sheriff’s Department, on November 5th, 2023 at approximately 6:41 am, Douglas County Dispatch received a 911 call regarding a garage fire at 12 Douglas St W in the city of Kensington. The caller, Jerit Rud, reported he woke up, noticed smoke and observed flames coming from the chimney of the wood burning stove in the garage. Rud woke up another renter, Hoverud, who was still sleeping. They were able to exit the dwelling uninjured. The homeowner, Charity Mix, was at work at the time and notified of the fire by law enforcement. The Kensington Fire Department was able to extinguish the fire. The attached garage sustained fire and water damage. The cause of the fire is believed to be the wood burning stove. North Ambulance and Hoffman Fire Department and First Responders were also dispatched but were cancelled prior to arrival.