Weeks 9/24/2020 to 10/15/2020
If you have community announcements you would like posted on our website, drop them off at our office, 604 3rd Avenue West in Alexandria at least two weeks prior to the event or fax them to 320-762-2156.
- Pope County Cares Act Grants available to local business and non-profits. Pope County strongly encourages business and non-profits with qualifying COVID-19 expenses to apply in September for available grants. This grant funding is intended to assist local for profit businesses and on-profit entities that 1.) had operations curtailed by Executive Orders issued in response to the COVIS-19 pandemic or 2.) have experienced a significant drop in gross receipts or sales during the pandemic when compared to the same months in 2019. For more information on the full grant program and application materials go online at: co.pope.mn.us/cares. For those without internet access you can call: 320-634-7847 or 320-634-7700. Applications will be accepted through September 30th, 2020.
- Habitat for Humanity will host the Alexandria Lakes Area Chamber of Commerce Wake Up Alexandria event on Friday, October 2nd from 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. at the habitat home that is currently being built for a new homeowner located at 1804 Woodland Park Drive in Alexandria. This event is open to everyone. The $1.00 admission includes networking and a chance to win door prizes. All money raised will be donated to the day’s nonprofit recipient, the Jingle Bells Foundation. All chamber members will be placed in a drawing for the Pot of Gold, which is currently valued at more than $4,600!
- Trinity Lutheran Church in Carlos is having a Hog Roast on Saturday, October 10th from 4:00 to 7:00 p.m. or until food is gone. This is a drive thru-take out meal. Recorder music from Pure Country will be playing. You may bring a lawn chair or eat in your vehicle. No tables will be available. Pork is prepared by Rose City BBQ. Menu consists of: roast pork on bun, baked beans, coleslaw, chips, cookie and beverage. Meals are $10.00 and for ages 6 and under is $5.00
- The Food Shelf is open, located at 1205 Lake Street in Alexandria. Must call for an appointment at: 320-762-8411, curbside pick-up, no contact. Hours: Monday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Tues, Wed and Thurs: 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and Friday 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Habitat for Humanity ReStore has opened for shopping. Store hours are: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Wednesday thru Saturday. The store is located at 1211 North Nokomis NE in Alexandria. If you have donations, these will be accepted by appointment only, by calling: 320-759-1989 to schedule a time.