July is National Ice Cream Month. What is America’s favorite flavor? Depends on what you click.
It always used to be vanilla. Go to a site called WorkWise and they will tell you Cookies n’ Cream comes in first. In another study, Business Insider cites a survey where Cookies n’ Cream comes in last. Excellent. That clears up that.
If they did a survey on the worst flavors, put a sawbuck on this one. Horseflesh.
Raw Horseflesh Ice Cream. This would have to vie for the vilest ice cream ever created. The chunks of meat inside it offer ample proof of why horseflesh is usually used in dog food. The only saving grace is perhaps that tonight’s dessert could well have been last week’s odds-on favorite. (2005-2006 The Mainichi Newspapers)
Probably not going to see that one trotted out at the Tip Top Dairy Bar.
Also, be aware, you could do hard time if you don’t mind your ice cream P’s and Q’s.
• In Alabama, Kentucky, Georgia, and New York City it is illegal to put an ice cream cone in your back pocket.
• In Oregon it is illegal to eat ice cream on Sundays.
• In Carmel, New York, you can’t eat ice cream while standing on a sidewalk.
• In Winona Lake, Wisconsin, it is illegal to eat ice cream on a counter.
• In 1967, the citizens of Indianola, Iowa banned ice cream trucks from roaming their streets.
Some sobering morsels for you and your horse to chew on while savoring the coolest confection ever concocted.